Monday, March 9, 2009

All Moved In (Almost)

I've been here for about two weeks now. It's gone unbelievably fast.

My actual apartment is quite nice. The teacher who lived here last left me in good shape. He left plenty of odds and ends that will save me time and headaches later on. I much appreciate the kitchen items he left. I have a good collection of bowls, utensils, cups, knives, etc. Heck, I even have a toaster! The whole place is furnished. I have a washer/dryer, microwave, tv (about 20 inches), bed with and excellent headboard, and desk. Luckily my bathroom is nice too. The shower is enclosed so that everything doesn't get wet. Although the floor does still get pretty well soaked everywhere.

I dig the heated floors too. Yes, heated floors. I don't have circulated heat. But the floor heats the place up quite well as long as I keep it clear. It took me a few days to learn this. I have been taking my time unpacking and as such, the first few days I had most everything sprawled out over the floor. This kept the heat from getting into the air. My luggage was nice and toasty but the rest of the apartment was near the point of seeing frost while breathing. But cold won't be much of an issue much longer. Spring should be heating things up in the next couple of weeks. It is supposed to snow this week though. I'm keeping my stocking cap close.

No comments:

Post a Comment