Thursday, July 23, 2009

Jeju + Woohoo!

I have my summer vacation this next week and will be spending part of my time at Jeju Island. It's part of South Korea just south of the mainland. I'm flying there which should be fun. I will get to lie on the beach and relax for a few days. I'm pumped.

On another note, I've lost 35lbs!!!!!

Yea I didn't believe it until I weighed myself. The fast paced culture and eating healthier really changed things. You eat a lot less over here not because there isn't food (which there is) or it isn't good (it's AMAZING). You just eat slower and better. A sort of more bang for your buck way of living. Also, the fact I walk EVERYWHERE and I'm on my feet all day as a teacher because I hate sitting down in class adds to burning off all those extra calories. Now I definitely do indulge myself with McDonalds, ice cream, pizza, etc. But even those places seem to be a little healthier in general from their US counterparts. Less Biggie sizing for the most part. Want to lose weight? Go to Korea for a bit. Everybody I talk to seems to have similar stories. I know a guy over here who got here about a month before me and has lost 85lbs!!!! He still has a bit to go but you can tell he's a lot happier now.

Anyway, I'll have a Jeju update later next week.

2 comments:

  1. Dude you should post more. BTW I love that I'm on your world clock app. Makes me feel special.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for giving us insights and inspirations. This article is really helpful and informative. We would like to see more updates from you in the future.

    ReplyDelete